Installing a device that detects water leaks will save you a lot of headaches and worry.
How do these devices work?
An electric valve is installed directly on the water main by a licensed plumber.
Water sensors are placed in high risk areas like near the dishwasher or washing machine, bathrooms, near the water heater tank, etc.
- There is no limit to the number of sensors you can install.
- The sensors are very small, which makes it easy for them to go unnoticed and to fit them into tight spaces.
When water comes into contact with a sensor, a signal is sent to the master module which automatically shuts off the electric valve installed on the main water line:
- The water is immediately shut off, and the leak is stopped
- A water detection system can also be connected to your security alarm system. In the event of a water leak, the control centre is notified, which in turn notifies you of the incident.
Why should you get a water detection device?
You should get a water detection device if you wish to:
- Minimize the risk of having to deal with significant damage to your valuables, souvenirs, documents, computer files, etc.
- Peace of mind when you are away or on a trip for example.
- Protect your secondary residence during your absence.
- Avoid health problems caused by mold as a result of water infiltration.
- Get interesting discounts on your home insurance – up to 25% at SSQ Insurance*.
Opt for a water detection device and benefit from a great offer on the purchase of a complete protection system from Stanley Security, an SSQ Insurance partner.
Following the installation, you will receive a $50 gift certificate redeemable at a retailer of your choice from among a wide selection**.
To learn more, call us at 1-866-777-2886. We will put you in touch with a Stanley Security representative to discuss your needs and the solutions available to you.
* Discounts vary depending on the type of system installed and the options selected. Certain conditions, restrictions and exclusions may apply.
** Certain conditions, restrictions and exclusions may apply. Offer applicable to SSQ Insurance customers on certain packages with our partners. The monthly fee varies depending on the package selected. It is possible to hook the system up to an existing system. The $50 gift certificate offer may end at any time.